Founded in 1970, Style Advertising is an award-winning, full-service advertising, marketing and public relations firm located in Birmingham, Ala., and remains the oldest agency in Alabama still operating under the same name for nearly 50 years. We seek to inspire, spark conversations and tell client stories. Want to join us?
Style is looking to hire a Director of Public Relations & Digital Media to maintain and execute various facets of public relations and digital media tasks. The description below is not all-inclusive.
- Lead, direct and assist public relations department team members in managing client accounts across all industries
- Develop and execute short- and long-range public relations and social media campaigns outlining goals, objectives, strategies and evaluation tools for current/prospective clients
- Work with digital media strategist to develop client social media campaigns and create engaging content across all platforms
- Write pitches and press releases to local, regional and national media that target, engage and ultimately obtain media coverage
- Direct and attend client meetings
- Plan, execute and attend agency and client events (Ex: Birmingham Restaurant Week, SliceFest, Breakin’ Bread and others)
- Develop targeted media lists using media monitoring software (Cision)
- Develop and maintain relationships with local and regional media
- Coordinate with media, write talking points and attend interviews as needed
- Write copy for print and digital marketing materials as well as for web
- Develop new business proposals and participate in pitch meetings
- Monitor earned media and create client media coverage reports
- Manage billing and invoicing for clients
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, training and managing interns