ROLE DESCRIPTION: VICE PRESIDENT OF MEMBERSHIP – COLLEGIATE RELATIONS
The Vice President of Membership – Collegiate Relations, to the President, is responsible for driving positive relationships and student memberships between AMA Birmingham, collegiate Chapters in Birmingham, and potential student members.
- Develops and takes ownership of the collegiate plan, budget and metrics reporting
- Communicates with collegiate leadership to ensure collegiate members understand the benefits of AMA Birmingham membership in conjunction with their collegiate membership
- Encourages collegiate participation in AMA Birmingham events and programming. Tracks student participation in the chapter.
- Develops and oversees the entire AMA Birmingham Scholarship program and processes. Work directly with VP of Strategic Relations, VP of Communications and VP of Programs to ensure securing cash contributions, ballot process, and awards
- Communicates to non-AMA colleges on the benefits of starting a collegiate program and helps execute the new program(s) and connects them with appropriate Support Center resources and contacts
- Assists in following up on member inquiries
- Continually works to recruit and retain students post-college to continue with an AMA membership. Working with the Director of Membership Experience when applicable.
- Creates and organizes collegiate programming during the board year
- Serves 4-8 hours per week
- Attends AMA Birmingham programs and events
- Attends monthly executive Board meetings
- Provides monthly board report/committee update and dashboard numbers to Secretary before each executive Board meeting
- Monitors collegiate budget
- Active AMA Birmingham member (required)
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related field with experience in project management or direct marketing preferred
- Experience with Asana preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, coordinating across a large, dynamic organization with multiple board members and committees