Key Volunteer Job Description – Treasurer
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES APPLY TO ALL CHAPTER OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS?
In addition to the responsibilities of their positions, Officers must:
- Attend all Board meetings.
- Prepare a preliminary budget and submit to the President.
- Prepare a final report of the year’s activities, including final expense/income statement and recommendations for the following year.
- Coordinate with other Officers, Directors and committee chairs as needed.
The Treasurer receives and disburses funds and manages the Chapter finances.
- Receive and disburses all Chapter funds. Maintain Chapter financial accounts. Cash all checks promptly!
- Secure signature cards and forms for changing signatures on all Chapter accounts before July 1.
- Prepare the preliminary Chapter budget based on estimates of Chapter Officers. Submit to the Board for approval and revisions. Email a copy of the completed budget to AMA International Headquarters by August 1.
- Monitor the disbursement of funds and compare income and expenses to the budget throughout the year. Prepare monthly reports.
- Maintain official Chapter records with the date of each member’s last dues payment. Receive and verify dues collected and remitted monthly from AMA International Headquarters.
- Present a monthly financial report of income and expenses at Board meetings.
- Prepare a statement of financial condition at Year-End. Include a copy of the preliminary budget and the actual expenditures by category. Send copies to the President and AMA International Headquarters.
- Submit annually required forms and applications (if necessary) for incorporation and tax exemption.
- Information is available from AMA International Headquarters.
- At Year-End, oversee completion of the Professional Chapter Financial Report Form, signed Signature Page and June 30 th Reconciled Bank Statement and send to IH by August 31.