ROLE DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR of STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Strategic Communications, reporting to the VP of Communications, is responsible for crafting a promotion strategy for assigned programs and leads the execution of all communication tactics according to their plan and with recruited volunteers as applicable.
- Creates a strategic communication plan for assigned programs based on best practices and guidance timelines
- Executes communication strategy as outlined in the chapter plan and associated program plan across email, social, paid, website, Eventbrite, etc.
- Effectively promote AMA Birmingham events/activities through email communication, exploring and testing ways to enhance promotion
- Assists in the promotion of sponsors through communications
- Explores ways to increase reach and engagement of AMA Birmingham email communications through enhancements and improved content
- Maintains the image of the Chapter, including the logo, publication design, stationery and letterhead, communication standards, etc.
- Assists Communications team members with their responsibilities as needed
- Serves 2-4 hours per week
- Attends AMA Birmingham programs and events
- Attends monthly communications call/meeting
- Participates in monthly communications call/meeting
- Active AMA Birmingham member (required)
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related professional experience
- Experience with communications technology including email platforms, website CMS and social media
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, coordinating across a large, dynamic organization with multiple board members and committees