Director of Special Events
WHAT RESPONSIBILITIES APPLY TO ALL CHAPTER OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS?
In addition to the responsibilities of their positions, Officers must:
- Attend all Committee meetings.
- Prepare a preliminary budget and submit to the President.
- Prepare a final report of the year’s activities, including final expense/income statement and recommendations for the following year.
- Coordinate with other Officers, Directors and committee chairs as needed.
The Director of Special Events collects and organizes Chapter data needed for entry in the AMA Chapter Excellence Awards Program; prepares the entry according to guidelines; and submits it to AMA International Headquarters.
- Create a committee to collect Chapter information throughout the year such as press clippings on Chapter events, copies of publications, data on meeting attendance and membership, and other materials for the entry.
- Complete all forms required for the entry. Accurately and clearly present the Chapter’s accomplishments for the year.
- Cooperate with other Officers to collect information. Incorporate their input and feedback in the entry.
- Mail the entry to AMA International Headquarters by the deadline.
- Assume the responsibilities common to all committee chairs.