ROLE DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR of COMMUNICATIONS – SOCIAL MEDIA
The Director of Communications – Social Media, reporting to the VP of Communications, is responsible for the chapter’s social media strategy and leads the execution of communication via all social media channels.
- Oversees the scheduling and production of all social media vehicles as deemed necessary by the Board. This includes, but is not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Youtube
- Creates monthly social media topics schedule and works with the communications team and other committee volunteers to make appropriate assignments
- Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facebook: Frequently post and add events and photos
- LinkedIn: Promote AMA Birmingham to its followers via LinkedIn. Includes upcoming events or activities, industry news, etc.
- Instagram: Frequently post and add events and photos
- Twitter: Ability to tweet on behalf of AMA Birmingham to promote the Chapter to its followers
- Youtube: upload promotional videos, recorded webinars or other content to promote the Chapter
- Tag individuals on LinkedIn/Facebook as much as possible to expand the reach of the post (speaker names or their business, sponsors and partners, board members, volunteers, etc)
- Post 1-2 Instagram stories during events by tagging the location and whoever is involved in the shot (if can’t attend, have someone else do it)
- Maintains the integrity and imagery of the Chapter, including the logo, publication design, stationery and letterhead, communication standards, etc.
- Assist Communications team members with their responsibilities as needed.
- Serves 2-4 hours per week
- Attends AMA Birmingham programs and events
- Attends & participates to monthly communications committee call/meeting
- Active AMA Birmingham member (required)
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related professional experience
- Experience with communications technology including email platforms, website CMS and social media
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, coordinating across a large, dynamic organization with multiple board members and committees