ROLE DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR of COMMUNICATIONS – EMAIL
The Director of Communications – Email, reporting to the VP of Communications, is responsible for the chapter’s email strategy and leads the execution of all email communication.
- Executes email communication strategy as outlined in Chapter Plan
- Effectively promotes AMA Birmingham events/activities through email communication, exploring and testing ways to enhance eblasts
- Manages distribution list of members and prospects consistently updating and scrubbing lists as to have the most up to date contacts for reach
- Assist in the promotion of sponsors through email communications
- Explore ways to increase reach and engagement of AMA Birmingham email communications through enhancements and improved content
- Maintains the integrity and imagery of the Chapter, including the logo, publication design, stationery and letterhead, communication standards, etc.
- Assist Communications team members with their responsibilities as needed.
- Serves 2-4 hours per week
- Attends AMA Birmingham programs and events
- Attends & participates to monthly communications committee call/meeting
- Active AMA Birmingham member (required)
- Degree in marketing, advertising, communications or related professional experience
- Experience with communications technology including email platforms, website CMS and social media
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, coordinating across a large, dynamic organization with multiple board members and committees