BIRMINGHAM, Ala – August 4, 2016 ‐ The American Marketing Association’s Birmingham chapter announced the election of its new Officers and Board of Directors for the 2016‐2017 term. Clifton Eason of Samford University will serve as President.
“I am excited about what the near future holds for AMA Birmingham and its members,” says Eason. “As we complete the final stages of our rebranding effort, our board turns its attention to new endeavors, which include special events and new programs that will provide even greater value to our members – as well as the Birmingham marketing community in general. Our board has an aggressive agenda this year, but it also has just the right people to accomplish our goals.”
Gus Pasisis of Style Advertising will serve as President‐elect. Other members of the board include:
- Felicia Fortune, Secretary
- Tom Nelson, Vulcan Materials (retired) ‐ Treasurer
- Laura Prewitt, Whiteboard it ‐ Immediate Past President
- Ellen Porter, Vice President of Membership
- Michael Smith, The Great, The Good, and The Gone ‐ Vice President of Programming
- Bill Stoeffhaas, Style Advertising ‐ Vice President of Communicatons
- Carolyn Garrity, Birmingham Southern College ‐ Vice President of Collegiate Relations
- Tiffany Clemons, UAB’s Alys Stephens Center ‐ Vice President of Sponsorship
- Taylor Whitaker, Stewardship Investment Planning ‐ Vice President of Social Media
- Drew Franklin, Altec ‐ Vice President of Technology
- Gigi Talley, Vice President of Operations
- Mar na Mack, Skyline Alabama ‐ Vice President of Operations
- Jamie Parris, Uptick Marketing ‐ Vice President of Public Relations
- Lynd Bacon, Lorna Buena Associates ‐ Vice President of Analytics
AMA Birmingham is an essential community for marketing leaders. The organization provides marketers with the resources, information, and training to help them outperform. AMA Birmingham’s luncheons, held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, feature some of the brightest CEOs, CMOs, and marketing experts in the region.
For more information on about programs, events, or membership, visit www.bhamama.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Contact: Jamie Parris